A double hung window has an upper and lower window sash that slides vertically past one another in a single frame. It is what could be considered a traditional window style. It can open both the top and the bottom sashes open. The top sash slides down to the fixed bottom sash or the bottom sash slides up to the fixed top sash. The top sash is lowered to let warm air escape and the bottom sash is raised to let in cool air.
Double hung windows or double sliders are ideal for verandas, walkways or patios because they can be opened without blocking exterior space.
Furthermore, double sliders are sliding windows that slide or roll horizontally on a track; both sides can be operated from left to right or right to left.
Double hung and double slider windows are esthetically pleasing, easy to operate and require very low or no maintenance at all.
OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF DOUBLE HUNG/ DOUBLE SLIDER WINDOWS
Double hung and double slider windows have been chosen by many of our customers for their durability and appearance that blend well with all interior designs.
1. Low Maintenance Euro Tech windows are low maintenance. The window profiles are made from virgin uPVC powder compound resulting in a finish that has better resistance to impact and discoloration. uPVC frames also do not crack, blister or warp. The locking and opening mechanisms parts have corrosion-proof finish for resistance to rust.
2. Attractive design, water tight and air tight surface Euro Tech frames are fusion welded for their attractive appearance and to eliminate the need for adhesives and sealants. Fusion welding ensures the frames are 100% watertight and airtight.
3. No leaks or moisture Euro Tech’s patented drainage system drains water faster and more efficiently than the other systems currently on the market.
4. Energy Efficiency Triple or quadruple weather stripping ensures air tightness and consequently, no drafts or energy loss. You can expect a comfortable interior environment without abrupt temperature changes, dust and dirt through your windows.
5. Superior frames The window’s multi-chambered profile provides superior thermal insulation and excellent sound reduction.
6. Glazing Your choice of double or triple glazing for durability against extreme external conditions; can withhold strong wind up to 375 km/h (235 mph).
Euro Tech’s double hung and double slider windows are a worthwhile investment, not only for your comfort and security but also due to their superior quality that can help preserve your home’s long-term structural integrity as well as add to its value.